block scrapers - do not click
Financial Aid Department

Scholarship Center

Receiving Scholarships

You’ve been awarded a scholarship - congratulations! Here’s the fastest way to get your scholarship money into your WWU student account:

Step 1: Notify the University

You will need to notify the University of any private scholarships that you will be receiving. In order to fulfill this requirement, please submit the scholarship notification form. You may also mail a copy of your notification letter(s) to:

Western Washington University
Scholarship Center
516 High Street, Old Main 285
Bellingham, WA 98225-9007

Step 2: Contact Your Donor

We ask that private donors mail their checks to::

Western Washington University
University Cashier
516 High Street, Old Main 110
Bellingham, WA 98225-9004

Scholarship checks should be made payable to Western Washington University and include the student’s name and Western ID in the memo.

If a donor requests verification of your enrollment at Western, our office can provide a Proof of Enrollment letter after you have registered for classes. If your donor requests information regarding your financial aid award, our office can provide a Financial Needs Analysis upon request.

Keeping Scholarships

All scholarships are considered to be part of a student's financial aid, and may prompt a revision of their financial aid package.

Scholarships are first applied directly to any current charges on a student’s WWU account. After all University charges have been paid, any excess funds will be refunded to the student. Students’ tuition, fees, room, and board are all billed quarterly.

Scholarships are generally divided and disbursed equally across fall, winter, and spring quarters unless otherwise specified by the scholarship organization. Scholarships will only disburse for students who are enrolled full-time (12 credits for undergraduate students, 8 credits for graduate students). Exceptions may be made if we receive permission from the scholarship organization via email or in writing.

If you have any questions about disbursement of your private scholarships, please contact the Scholarship Center.