block scrapers - do not click
Financial Aid Department

Scholarship Center

Scholarships for Specific Populations

Students With Disabilities

Mary P. Oenslager Scholastic Achievement Awards
This scholarship is available to college seniors and graduate students who are blind or visually impaired. Please contact the donor for more information on how to apply.

National Federation of the Blind Scholarship
To recognize achievement by blind scholars, the National Federation of the Blind annually offers blind college students in the United States and Puerto Rico the opportunity to win one of the thirty merit-based, national-level scholarships. All scholarships awarded are based on academic excellence, community service, and leadership.

Foreign Study

Students planning on studying abroad are encouraged to look for scholarship opportunities through the Education Abroad webpage. Please be aware that if you are a tuition waiver recipient, your waiver is restricted to cover tuition expenses only and cannot cover any expenses associated with study abroad, international or a domestic exchange program. If you have questions, please contact the WWU Scholarship Center.

International Students

Please visit the International Student & Scholar Services (ISSS) webpage for more information on scholarship opportunities.

Veterans and their Families

Visit the links below for a detailed description of each scholarship’s eligibility requirements.

37th Division Veterans Association
Scholarships available to students who are members of the association or are descendants of members [up to 3rd gen].

AFCEA War Veterans Scholarships, Afghanistan and Iraq War Veterans
Merit-based scholarships of varying amounts will be awarded to persons on active duty in the uniformed military services, to honorably discharged U.S. military veterans (including Reservists and National Guard personnel) who are currently enrolled and attending classes part time or full time in an eligible STEM major degree program at an accredited four-year college or university in the U.S

Air Force Sergeants Association (AFSA)
Scholarships available to Air Force Dependent children pursuing undergraduate degrees. Sponsors must be enlisted members currently serving (Active, Air National Guard or Reserve), Retired, or a Veteran of the Air Force).

Air Force Aid Society
Scholarships available to dependent children and spouses of active duty members of AGR.

AMVETS National Headquarters
Available for veterans/active duty/guard reserve as well as for children of veterans/active duty/guard reserve.

Army Emergency Relief
Scholarships available to children or spouses of Army soldiers pursuing an undergraduate degree.

Dolphin Scholarship Foundation
To receive a Dolphin Scholarship applicants must be high school or college children/step-children of (1) members or former members of the Submarine Force who have qualified in submarines and served in the Submarine Force for at least eight years; or (2) Navy members who have served in submarine support activities for a minimum of ten years. There is no minimum period of service for children of personnel who died on active duty while in the Submarine Force. Applications are available on their website.

Fisher House Foundation
Scholarships available to sons and daughters of active duty, reserve/guard, or retired military commissary customers.

Fleet Reserve Association (FRA)
Applicant must be affiliated with the USN, USMC or USCG through your own service or that of your spouse, parent, grandparent or great-grandparent.

Folds of Honor
Scholarships generally awarded to children and spouses of those killed or disabled while in service.

Freedom Alliance
Applicants must be (1) the dependent son or daughter of a U.S. Soldier, Sailor, Airman, Guardsman or Marine who has become permanently disabled as a result of an operational mission or training accident; or (2) the dependent son or daughter of a U.S. Soldier, Sailor, Airman, Guardsman or Marine who has been killed in action; or (3) the dependent son or daughter of a U.S. Soldier, Sailor, Airman, Guardsman or Marine who has been classified as a Prisoner of War (POW) or Missing in Action (MIA).

Marianas Naval Officer's Wives' Club
Scholarships available to children of an enlisted member of the Navy, Marine Corps or Coast Guard.

Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation
Applicants must be the child of one of the following: (1) Active duty or reserve U.S. Marine; (2) Veteran U.S. Marine who has received an honorable discharge, or who was killed while serving in the U.S. Marine Corps; (3) Active duty or reserve U.S. Navy Corpsman who is serving, or has served, with a U.S. Marine unit; (4) Veteran U.S. Navy Corpsman who served with a U.S. Marine unit and has received an honorable discharge; (5) or was killed while serving in the U.S. Navy as a Corpsman attached to a Marine unit.

Please see website for adivitional eligibility requirements.

National Fourth Infantry (IVY) Division Association
Scholarships awarded to children of soldiers of the 4th infantry division who died serving in Iraq/Afghanistan or against war or terror.

Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society Education Programs
Scholarships available to children and spouses of active duty or retired Sailors and Marines (including retired Reservists drawing military retirement pay), children of deceased Sailors and Marines who died on active duty or after retirement, MECEP or MECP students (or selectees).

Navy Supply Corps Foundation, Inc.
Applicants may be any family member (child, grandchild or spouse) of a qualifying Supply Corps officer and child or spouse of a supply enlisted member (active duty, reservist, or retired) or the minor children of Supply Corps officers who die while on Active Duty.

Non-Commissioned Officers Association (NCOA)
Scholarships available for dependents and spouses of current NCOA members only.

Pat Tillman Foundation
Applicants must be a veteran or active duty military service members, current spouses of veterans or active duty service members and surviving spouses.

Seabee Memorial Scholarship Association
Scholarships for children and grandchildren of Seabees* qualify for an SMSA scholarship. The applicant also must currently be a senior in high school or a high school graduate (The applicant may already be in college).

*Seabees, are enlisted personnel with a Seabee rating; CEC Officers; or others who have served, or are serving, in a Naval Construction Force (Seabee) unit. Seabees can be active, reserve, retired, deceased or honorably discharged.

Society of Daughters of the United States Army
Applicants who meet the following criteria: a daughter or grandivaughter (including step or adopted) of a career warrant (WO 1-5) or commissioned officer (2nd & 1st LT, CPT, MAJ, LTC, COL, or General) of the U.S. Army who (1) is currently on active duty; (2) retired from active duty after at least 20 years of service; (3) was medically retired before 20 years of active service; (4) died while on active duty; or (5) died after retiring from active duty with 20 or more years of service should send the following information via mail (adivress below) to request an application: applicant's name, name of officer, rank, component (Active, Reserve, Retired), dates of active duty service, and relationship to the applicant. Send information only, no documentation at this time.

Mary P. Maroney, Scholarship Chairman,
11804 Grey Birch Place
Reston, VA 20191

Thanks USA
Scholarship is open to dependent children age 24 or under as of application deadline or be a spouse of a U.S. military personnel.

U.S. Army Reserve
Army ROTC scholarships available for college-bound high school students or existing attending college students--based on merit and grades not financial need.

Veterans of Foreign Wars
Eligibility: Applicants must (1) be a citizen of the United States; (2) be retired, honorably discharged, active duty, or a member of the National Guard or Reserve; (3) have completed Basic Training and follow-on training (Advanced Individual Training, Technical school, etc.); (3) separated with or currently hold a military rank of E-5 or below, (4) demonstrate a need for financial assistance; (5) participate in, be accepted to or currently enrolled in a VA-approved program or school at an accredited post-secondary institution.

Veterans United Foundation
Scholarships available to assist military service members and their families by awarding five bi-annual $2,000 scholarships to help pay for tuition and books.

Wings over America Scholarship Foundation
Scholarships for dependents of active duty members or former members (retired, honorably discharged or deceased) of the U.S. Navy.

Women's Overseas Service League
This scholarship may be granted to women who are committed to advancement in military or other public service careers and have demonstrated such commitment through life experiences. Applicants must have a minimum of 18 credits and a 2.5 GPA. Applicants must also be enrolled for at least 9 credits in an institution of higher learning in a program leading to an academic degree, and agree to maintain academic standards.

Non-Traditional Students

Defining 'Non-Traditional': A student is considered non-traditional if they are one or more of the following: a displaced homemaker, a college re-entry student, a dislocated worker, a student with dependents they support (i.e. head of household), or a foster child.

Association on American Indian Affairs - Displaced Homemaker Scholarship
Please visit the donor’s website for more information.

Jeannette Rankin Foundation
Each year, the Jeannette Rankin Fund awards scholarships to low-income women, ages 35 and older, who are U.S. citizens or permanent residents pursuing an undergraduate education at an accredited college or university in the United States.

The application cycle usually opens in the beginning of January.

Soroptimist International of Bellingham
The Soroptimist Live Your Dream Awards (formerly the Women’s Opportunity Awards) assists women who provide the primary source of financial support to their families by giving them the resources they need to improve their education, skills and employment prospects.

Whatcom Women in Business
Every year, Whatcom Women in Business awards 20 or more scholarships to women entering higher education including technical or trade school, beauty school, community college or university. Applicants must be a high school graduate and either be a current Whatcom County resident or plan to attend a Whatcom County School.